Author Topic: Over heating  (Read 1592 times)

Offline southoz

Over heating
« on: July 29, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »
been having quite some problems with the Up plus 2 over heating .. it starts it's printing cycle with the nozzle at 260 - 265c but within minutes of the print the temperature rises to about 290c and stays about that temperature . In fine mode it keeps stuffing up because the fulfillment ends up like a spider web or fine hair , I was given advice to check on the rom version used in the printer which is up to date , I used the printers rom update to reinstall the rom to see if that made a difference at all ... it didnt .. as you could imagine with the nozzle temperature being so high I am constantly getting nozzle blockages .. I follow the instructions on the pp3dp web site and soak the nozzle in acetone ( it needs to soak for at least 24 hours at a time before the material is soft enough to move)  , I clean the nozzle off and put it back into place and recalibrate the printer every time .. it's getting the point that I am wasting LOTS of filament because of the over heating problem , I'v only had the printer a few weeks now and starting to pull whats left of my hair out . I know a lot of users of Up plus 2 put in a resistor to combat some of the over heating problems but was told at that temperature that wouldnt solve my problem , also i dont want to break the warranty . so has any one else had this problem and how did you fix it .. any useful advice would be appreciated

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:15:07 PM by southoz »