Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 4294 times)

Offline bruce3dps

• Administrator
  • Join the revolution!
    • 3D Printing Systems
Wish List
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »
If you have some ideas to suggest improvements please do so below...

Offline nz_andy

Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
Hi Bruce,

To keep it simple for a start... number one on the list is a software a stop button!
Right now there is only two options:  initialize, or use the rest button on the back of the machine.
Both these options are bad as they are slow and kill the momentum of the print chamber.

Basically I would like to see a software stop button just like the UP printer, where the printer stops and the platform lowers instantly, then you are able to print again without a initialize.

for the benefit of others I have an S250, I assume it is the same for the D290 etc...

Offline chromii

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »
Default blanking plates to replace the raft strips in the non-printable areas.
This is in relation to the S200 & S250, not sure about the D255.
It appears they all use the same build table as the largest model.
However the build area is restricted to that of the models specs.

I you could have a full width plate to place at the front & a couple down the sides.
These could be of a different colour & flat. Then you can save the strips for the build area.

If only I had a 3D Printer, then I could build my own :)

Offline nz_andy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »
When you hit print, the chamber does not heat up automatically (while the job is being sent to the printer).
I forget to preheat the chamber sometimes.

This should be an easy feature to add (software), even the UP! does this for the platform,  it could even be an option to set it to run once it is up to temperature.

Offline nz_andy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »
Let me organise a list

1.  Software stop button
2.  Enable extrude and withdraw functions when printer is paused (Like the UP! can) this is specially important as you can print very large things in these big printers so can run out off material more easily.
3.  Add pause at defined layer height, like the UP! can, for placing metal inserts etc.
4.  Auto heat chamber at start of print with option to wait for chamber to reach temperature.
5.  Fix nozzle crashing into print bed when nozzle swap is selected
6.  Add ability to use different size nozzles,  I see the software is already capable to slice with different nozzle size but feed rate does not change.
7. Random start position option

I would like to see a software update from the manufacture to show they are backing up their products.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:15:07 PM by nz_andy »

Offline nz_andy

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
Still no software updates at all......  I guess that is why no one is posting here because nothing is happening.

I got to say the most useful thing to have changed is still number one on the list,  that is being able to stop the printer without an initialize, this looks like it should be the "Reset to ready" command that does not work when you are printing for some reason.  every time you do an initialize it is not only slow and the chamber cools down, but the bed height can change slightly from reset to reset so you need to check the bed height again......   

Offline vexpertise

• Vexma Technologies-3d Printing Service India
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11:11 PM »
This is in relation to the S200 & S250, not sure about the D255.
It appears they all use the same build table as the largest model.
However the build area is restricted to that of the models specs.

I you could have a full width plate to place at the front & a couple down the sides.
These could be of a different colour & flat. Then you can save the strips for the build area.
3d printing service pune mumbai - sla technology