Author Topic: preheating issue  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Qman

preheating issue
« on: May 09, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
hello, i may have missed something in the manual about this.

when  preheating the platform i understand the value shown is the temp that the platform is heating to not the current temp. even preheating for a hour the temp value shown always says 51.4HEATING. should the printer beep when it has reached the required pre heat level?

I preheat for a hour before starting and whilst printing i look under the maintenance window when i am printing i notice that the percentage never gets higher than 49.2% or there about. should this be 100% and is there a way to see the percentage value before printing...

am i doing something wrong here?

i am seeing lifting from the front of the platform.

Current print is a 60mm diameter x 5mm thick disc. i have also printed out a 70mm x 3mm disc and i note the wrapping always occur in the exact same spot. i have attempt to calibrate the platform and to my eye it looks even....

thank you.

Offline dale3dps

• Administrator
    • 3D Printing Systems
Re: preheating issue
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
Hi Qman,

The software has a bug in that it will show ~50% which is about 50 degrees of the Mini platform.  With regards to lifting/warping, have you done the platform calibration in the software? If you need any help, please contact our support team on 03 9099 0225 or send them an email support@3dprintingsystems.com
| Sales and Support | www.3dprintingsystems.com | Skype: dale3dps

Offline bruce3dps

• Administrator
  • Join the revolution!
    • 3D Printing Systems
Re: preheating issue
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:41:59 AM »
Hi Oman

Also ensure you are not getting any cold air leaking from the wind barrier. A cold breeze blowing over the part will cause it to cool to fast, hence causing lifting.

Also make sure you have done the platform level calibration.

Then print out the border test print as in our manual.

Hope this helps!