Author Topic: Up mini randomly stops feeding during prints  (Read 1003 times)

Offline craig

Up mini randomly stops feeding during prints
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:22:44 PM »
Hi all,

I brought an Up Mini last year and gradually learning all the little tricks involved in getting a somewhat successful print. Clearly a lot more than uploading, press print and there you go!

I hadn't been using my printer for a while, so when it came to doing so the other day I made sure I did a few extrusions, swapped out the extruder (I have a spare) and cleaned the drive gear on the head stepper.

Annoyingly, and it seems for no apparent reason, at varying times throughout each print I try, the head will stop feeding plastic and continue to "print air." Obviously, there is no way to know or stop the print once this occurs, so I've ended up with lots of half prints.....

It is not intermittent, when it stops, it stops for good. Once I reset the power and re-initialize it it goes back to feeding happily again.

I stress again, the machine continues to operate, but once stopped does not feed any more filament......

The stepper appears to be working fine (withdraws and extrudes normally) and the filament is not stuck on the spool (I have rewound it just to make sure).

Has anyone else come across this? I've got some new filament and a new extruder stepper coming, but I'm not convinced this will fix the problem.

Any thoughts? I'm getting desperate.......

Cheers,

Craig