Author Topic: Base Height  (Read 2023 times)

Offline ali76j

Base Height
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »
I have asked the following question before and disappointed by the support with no answer...

I don't have "Base Height" here!
In the pdf manual file "Base Height" exists on the right hand side of the "Z Resolution" but on the software there is not such a thing!

Please help I wan to reduce the raft thickness

Offline Stuartblarg

• I just can't stop
Re: Base Height
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »
It looks like they may have removed the option in an update to the software, as you have noticed the picture in the manual is different from the current UI.

It's possible that the fuction has become obsolete because the printer builds only the amount of raft that is necessary and minimising it further could cause the job to fail.

There is an option for "Support - Dense: This represents how many layers of ‘solid’ (dense) material form part of the support structure directly beneath the model. Default = 3 layers" im not sure if lowering this will get the outcome you desire, you can only lower it by one layer so it wont make much of a difference.

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Offline ali76j

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
Thanks mate,

I am wondering why there is nobody from 3D answering this question as for support!!!

Offline SteveA

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:30:02 PM »
I am wondering the same thing.  I hope that this does not indicate that the guys at 3Dprintingsystems have lost interest in providing support :-(