Author Topic: How do I see the actual support structures on print preview?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline troy

How do I see the actual support structures on print preview?
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »

Hi All,

I've just got a new UP Plus 2 (Rom:V6.090, Firmware V3.07, UP! Version 2.0) and some of my own models don't always print correctly. I have an issue where the UP! software adds incorrect support structures that make the print unusable.

I can alter the print settings for the supports, and sometimes toggling the "UnSolid Model" checkbox to get better results - but this is not always the general rule and varies from model to model...

The only (very wasteful and time consuming) way I can see if something is going to be "OK" is to actually start the print and if after 20 to 40 mins if it looks wrong I cancel the print, adjust the settings, and try again.....

Surely there must be a better way to see EVERYTHING (including supports) that is going to be printed before I commit to a print?

Can someone please help and offer some instruction on how to see this from the print preview please?

Thanks,
_Troy

Offline bruce3dps

• Administrator
  • Join the revolution!
    • 3D Printing Systems
Re: How do I see the actual support structures on print preview?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »
Hi Troy

It sounds like either the faces of your model are the wrong way round or possibly the wall thickness of them are under 0.8mm.

Feel free to share your model so we can see.

Also use netfab studio free to check your files

Offline Vialo

Re: How do I see the actual support structures on print preview?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:24:48 PM »
Hi,
1. I try to see the support material and structures the software automatically introduces.

2. Where can I force the printer not to add any material?
'Base only' in the print preferences 'Area' only prevents support material but allows the software to create a solid mesh where it assumes a suspended object is.

Thanks,