Author Topic: UP! Software V1.19  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Stuartblarg

• I just can't stop
UP! Software V1.19
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »
I figure i would just post about this because i stumbled upon it accidentally, but a new version of the UP! software has been released (about 2 weeks ago) if you want to head over to the website and download it. I'm sure there are lots of bug fixes and some visual changes.

I can also see an auto level and nozzle height detect feature but im not quite sure what's going on there.

Offline Ian Smith

Re: UP! Software V1.19
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:04:01 PM »
Yeah, downloaded it a couple of nights ago after seeing a hint of it someplace - pity there's no formal notification of new releases. One thing I did notice is that I needed to re-calibrate the nozzle height, other wise seems to perform OK.

I think the nozzle height detect feature only works with the latest model - needs something attached to the build platform I think - maybe there's an upgrade available - again it would be nice to know about this sort of thing.

Ian

Offline Stuartblarg

• I just can't stop
Re: UP! Software V1.19
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »
I would be so keen for a self calibrating platform height. Upon further tinkering i found that the printer now only does a single scan line from left to right (instead of the usual left to right then left again).

There is also a Pause At feature under the pint box so that you can have the printer pause the print at certain layers (presumably to change filament colour) and there are some new options under the Fill options in the print -> Preferences. One is "Shell" and the other is "Surface". Not entirely sure what these do, Shell might be a completely hollow model. I'm a bit wary to test these out without knowing more.