Author Topic: Extruder stopped extruding halfway through print  (Read 1637 times)

Offline brypar

Extruder stopped extruding halfway through print
« on: April 07, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
I woke up this morning to see that the extruder had stopped extruding. At first I thought I had run out of filament but this wasn't the case. The printer is brand new (1 day old) and successfully printed 2 earlier items. The print time was 15 hours.

Any ideas? Long shot, but can the print be started where it stopped even though it ran for over an hour printing nothing?

Offline Blake

Re: Extruder stopped extruding halfway through print
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:09:16 PM »
I have the same problem, at first I thought it was the extruder was too hot, as it was grinding into the filament stopping feeding.

But I think it has to do with the 1kg rolls I am using, I did not have a problem with the 500g roll it came with.

Doing another print right now. We will see.

Offline Kaye

Re: Extruder stopped extruding halfway through print
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
I have had a lot of problem with air printing. I don't know if the nozzle gets blocked. I love the finished product when it works but it seems it only works 50% of the time. I have pressed extrude but nothing is coming out. I am in a school and want to get the students printing their creations. I am not an engineer and don't know how to fix it.