Author Topic: Software Flexability  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Timw

Software Flexability
« on: June 02, 2015, 01:15:11 PM »
I've been very impressed with the UP Plus 2 printer but there are times when it would be nice to have a little more flexibility in the parameters of the print.

One of the big items would be layer thickness as the part is built, this would be handy as sometimes certain sections of a model/part require fine detail and hence layer thickness while other sections of the part are simple shapes that don't require such precise layer control and would help reduce print time accordingly.

Is there any plans fora software upgrade with more features like that in it?

Regards
Tim

Offline Timw

Re: Software Flexability
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
No one has any thoughts or input?

Offline Ian K

• Once a Jolly swagman always a jolly swagman!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »
Hi Timw,
Although I haven't tried it myself, (credibility pause) . . . ::)
Perhaps you can use the PAUSE PRINT function at the appropriate time, Change the layer thickness (0.15 to say 0.25) and then RESUME your print?
This is already built into the software and may be something to try. I have paused a print to change the filament colour, but didn't think of changing anything else.  Let us all know if this helped you.
Cheers IanK
One good turn . . . . .  gets most of the blanket!

Offline Timw

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 09:44:40 AM »
Hi Ian

Didn't think of that as I've never needed to stop the print and change colour, I will try and and let you know how it goes.

It would be nice if the software could do it automatically as sometimes I leave long prints running over night.

Cheers
Tim

Offline Ian K

• Once a Jolly swagman always a jolly swagman!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:25:31 PM »
Hi Tim
Thinking about your leaving a print running whilst slumbering, the software allows you to automatically pause a print at predefined 'times' at set up.
    If you know where about you want a change/s, you can input the pause times/dimensions before beginning a print. I'll do a screen dump to show you when I hook up my printer if you can't find the command.

Cheers IanK
One good turn . . . . .  gets most of the blanket!