Author Topic: "Printer Disconnected" Computer wont recognise 3D printer  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Stuartblarg

• I just can't stop
"Printer Disconnected" Computer wont recognise 3D printer
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »
So i turned on my UP! Mini today to find that the computer no longer recognises the it is plugged in. I recently unplugged it from the computer to clean my PC out but when i plugged it in again I no longer get the jingle indicating that a USB device has been plugged in.

The printer itself still turns on and holding down the button still initializes but the computer doesnt see it. I have tried turning it off and on, turning it off overnight and plugging it into other computers but all to no success.

Im pretty sure this has happened twice before and both time resulted in me sending the circuit board away to be replaced but now my warranty is over so i have to come here for advice.

Some research suggest that it might be something to do with static electricity frying the cpu but im not sure if there is anyway i can check that.

Thanks for any help

Offline Chris Call

Re: "Printer Disconnected" Computer wont recognise 3D printer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
I have the same issue. My main board is toast and a replacement board is at least 400.00. I have yet to hear back from the support people on whether they can repair or replace the main board with a used part.
I can get a whole printer for 599.00 so I cannot justify a 400.00 main board.