Author Topic: Platform jumping when auto leveling  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Jason Megchelse

Platform jumping when auto leveling
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:19:42 AM »
When I use the Auto Level feature the platform lifts smoothly until it gets to approx. 20mm away from the "wheel" of the detector. From that point on it jumps up in small increments until it makes the wheel click and then does the other points the same way. I assuming that it is not supposed to do that right? I imagine that it's not all that accurate.
I have also given up using the auto nozzle height detector as it had a similar problem but far more severe, including making the whole unit shake with a loud thud like I had pushed it past it's limit. It then gave me an error message.
I also don't use the Auto Nozzle feature because the casing of the sensor (3D printed piece) kept colliding with the housing of the nozzle (also 3D printed piece). Am I the only one having trouble with this design flaw? I have now taken this piece off (the sensor part).

Now I self level the table, using the 3 screws underneath, and get the nozzle to within a folded piece of paper away from the platform and set the nozzle at this height. Still having some other problems but that's probably best saved for another thread.

Offline peterprinter

Re: Platform jumping when auto leveling
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 09:14:48 PM »
I think you have a problem, mine doesn't do that at all, there is no way for that part to impact.