Author Topic: First project - Wunderlich window latch  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Ian Smith

First project - Wunderlich window latch
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:40:41 PM »
Well, the UP Plus turned up on Friday, thank you to Bruce and Dale, 3D Superstore,  for their help, and the rain is belting down so a good time to see what the beast can do and produce something practical at the same time. 
Anyway, I've not used Sketchup all that much, so a learning curve there as well.

I have seen in the printer manual that the recommended operating environment is 20%- 50% humidity, so I reckon the 100% we had here today is pushing it a bit - not sure what the issue is but I suspect it may have something to do with the layers adhering to one another.

If anyone out there has the old style aluminium windows, I'm talking 30+ years ago then there's probably at least one or two busted latches and I can't find anyone who sells the things so I believe it's OK to reproduce the thing and post it here. The little lugs which slide into the window frame snap off and no amount of superglue has any real effect.

So, here's a screen shot from Sketchup and the .stl file for anyone interested.
Just be aware that the .stl file is 10 times normal size so you'll need to reduce your output otherwise you won't get it through the door, let alone a window :)

I am absolutely gob smacked at the quality of the finish, and the accuracy of the output.

Ian
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:53:23 PM by Ian Smith »

Offline bruce3dps

• Administrator
  • Join the revolution!
    • 3D Printing Systems
Re: First project - Wunderlich window latch
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
Thanks for posting your success, very keen to see what else you come up with.

Offline joemar

Re: First project - Wunderlich window latch
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:30:42 PM »
Can I request one of this from you.. is it possible? haha... thinking to get the window and door latch fix..