Author Topic: 15 mins from box to first print  (Read 4757 times)

Offline healewis

15 mins from box to first print
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:16:33 PM »
I read 15 mins from box to first print and thought, yep! that'll do for me  :D So, my printer arrives and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, busy assembling things and setting up stuff until I finally come to printing. 7 hours later  :o No matter what model I load into the software, a receive a message that tells me that The models is out of print range  :-[

I did search for this problem on the forum but the topic is now locked and I have tried all the suggestions  mentioned in the 1 thread I found including re adjusting the nozzle hight  ::)

I'm all but drained of effort and as a last resort would wish for some assistance form anyone who has had the same error message and found a solution of how to rectify the issue

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

Offline healewis

Re: 15 mins from box to first print
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:57:38 PM »
Just for the record, I have managed to solve the issue!  when the error came up, I automatically thought the model was out of the box but it actually meant that the nozzle was not close enough to the perfboard to lay the material down. i.e., When the initial set up asks you to set the platform to 128, then add the perfboard. You are supposed to continue to raise the platform until it is close enough to the board until there is just enough room for a business card to slip under.

This was 134 on my machine after this set up is established you press the button to set the Nozzle height. What a plonker I am ::)

Offline bruce3dps

• Administrator
  • Join the revolution!
    • 3D Printing Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Hi Paul

Thanks for the update and glad you got it sorted. Please post your prints if you are able to.

Thanks
Bruce

Offline healewis

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
Hi Bruce, I'm having problems with the raft coming away from the perfboard which in turn makes the model I'm printing become unstable and is then knocked off the board by the nozzle  :o

Now I have burnt plastic on the nozzle and an unfinished print job which has been running for 6 hours.  It's frustrating but I suppose it is all we can expect until more people obtain this technology and share their solutions to the many problems that are bound to require ironing out

Cheers

Offline Idea Beans

• Idea Beans Ltd
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »
Hi, I have been using UP Plus printers for 5 months now. Printing everyday. At first I had the warping issues as well, but now that I have the habit of waiting for the build platform to heat up to 100% before I start printing, I don't have any warping issues anymore.

The nozzle height is quite crucial too. Make sure it's about 0.2mm above the perfboard, not too far away or too close.

Hope that helps. Happy printing!

Offline bruce3dps

• Administrator
  • Join the revolution!
    • 3D Printing Systems
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:10:31 AM »
Like idea beans says, you can avoid warping to an extent.
These are critical
Level platform vs nozzle (via hardware or software)
Very hot platform (pre heat until 105%)
Nozzle distance

Also the warping is caused by cooling of the part, printing a large cube would always warp as the internal temperature will always be warmer than the outside temperature. Avoid cool air blowing over the print. Close the extruder door.