Author Topic: Help in 3D printing  (Read 2350 times)

Offline tripster

Help in 3D printing
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:05:36 AM »
Hi guys, my UP has been giving me problems for a while. The main problem has been with the extruder not working. Sometimes it fails to even start printing the rafts/brim, and at other times it stops printing midway. As I am rushing to complete a few projects on hand which are due over the next few months, I have decided to go on with trying out service printing with places like Shapeways.com and Sourcemake.com (seems like a new marketplace of sorts). As I am not looking for powdered-based quality for my projects, Shapeways seems to be quite a bad fit for its shipping to me (I'm in Thailand). I found a couple of UP owners here: 
http://www.sourcemake.com/maker.php?id=155
http://www.sourcemake.com/maker.php?id=233
They are not based in Bangkok though. Are any of you (who owns UP printer) based here nearby? I am really hoping to get some help if any of those guys above don't work out. Thanks!

Offline car3less

• Print 3d Bucuresti
Re: Help in 3D printing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:51:40 PM »
Hello,
Maybe the extruder is clogged with residue from other filaments- have you tried to clean it? I had the same problems a while ago and I cleaned the nozzle and the little metallic wheel that pushes the filament into the extruder. After that it worked fine. The information on how to clean the nozzle is found in the manual at pp3dp.com
Hope this helps,

Offline joliecarter

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:39:12 PM »
Thanks for the tips. There is this MyPRINTCloud.com which offers these services at really affordable rates.

Offline chang

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 02:09:41 AM »
Hi tripster,

I have since October an UP2 Plus and have so far no problems. I'm also located in Thailand. If you live in Bangkok and are interested in sharing some experiences, you can contact me.

Offline vexpertise

• Vexma Technologies-3d Printing Service India
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 10:31:08 PM »
 I cleaned the nozzle and the little metallic wheel that pushes the filament into the extruder. After that it worked fine. The information on how to clean the nozzle is found in the manual at pp3dp.com