Author Topic: raft sticking and fan door  (Read 2364 times)

Offline JohnnyDee

raft sticking and fan door
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:36:56 AM »
I noticed earlier someone else has a problem like I am having
the original filament that came with the UP printed great and the raft came away easily
the coloured value pack filament i just bought can be impossible to separate from the model,
i read that the fan door should be open when printing
but i am not sure mine is opening, it moves anti clockwise about 20 degrees at the most
and if I look underneath nothing really seems to change
certainly no door opens
am i missing something ?
should the door be closed again once the main model is printing?
also, in the shop, is the 'non value' filament of a better quality than the value filament?

Offline Ian K

• Once a Jolly swagman always a jolly swagman!
Re: raft sticking and fan door
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
Absolutely use the Premium filament. I have posted and reviewed the 'Value' filament elsewhere on this forum and in the Store reviews. ( Do a search on VALUE FILAMENT.)
The wind flap should operate/rotate about 90 degrees, it can be a bit stiff, but if you break it, you can always print another one using the 'spare parts' for your printer.
Cheers Ian K
One good turn . . . . .  gets most of the blanket!

Offline jt1991

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
I have the same problem, though I would use "Impossible" rather than "Difficult".  Did printing with the door open fix this?

Offline jt1991

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 06:41:20 PM »
I reckon the problem is the Premium material.  I had the same problem and it went away when I managed to get some "Original UP" filament. See my post Oils aint Oils and  ABS aint ABS.  Back to back test with the same settings and the same part and the difference is the original support material peels away with ease and the Premium does not - to the point of taking the first part layer with it and exposing the internal honeycomb structure when it deigns to come away.